Damien Escobar Concert
How does a violin serenade this Valentine’s Day sound? If you’re thinking “amazing” or “a whole lot better than another hasty last minute dinner reservation,” then there’s nowhere better to be than Sony Hall surrounded by the heart-stirring sounds of Damien Escobar’s violin. The youngest ever acceptee to Juilliard, Damien Escobar masterfully incorporates elements of classical music, jazz, pop, R&B and hip hop into his music for a one-of-a-kind experience.
Before becoming an Emmy Award winner & NAACP Image Award nominee, Damien Escobar performed with his brother Tourie as part of the Nuttin’ but Stringz duo. Their musical journey took them from a childhood in Jamaica (Queens) to busking on the NYC subways to winning a talent contest at the famed Apollo Theater, which launched them into performances for President George W. Bush, on America’s Got Talent, and at President Barack Obama’s First Inauguration.
In 2012, Damien Escobar began his solo career and continued to cement his reputation as a world-class violinist with hit songs like Awaken, Love Notes, Phoenix, Rain & Lights. Not to mention covers of Adele’s Hello and Whitney Houston’s I Look to You.
Some of Damien Escobar’s most notable performances as a solo artist include:
- The Food & Wine Event in NYC
- Russell Simmons’ Hip Hop Inaugural Ball
- Indy Car 2012 Championships Awards Banquet
- Oprah Winfrey’s “The Life You Want” weekend tour
More than just a musician, Damien Escobar has also been successful in plenty of other endeavors such as:
- H2H & Awaken fragrance lines, the latter named after one of his most popular songs
- Author and self publisher of the autobiographical children’s book The Sound of Strings
- Designer & builder of his own line of custom violins
- Co-developer of his own wine line
- An appearance in the hit film Step Up, which occurred before he went solo
Damien Escobar, inspired by his own humble beginnings, has also become an active philanthropist & humanitarian, even starting his own foundation the Violins Against Violence Foundation in 2007. Other prestigious organizations that the artist supports includes (but is not limited to):
- VH1 Save the Music Foundation
- Kennedy’s Cause
- Jamaica YMCA as a member of the board of directors
- Glorial Gail Foundation where he oversees a diverse series of artistically driven outreach programs for youth & young adults
This Valentine’s Day, Damien Escobar will be performing a sampling of his songs from his albums Sensual Melodies, Boundless and Songs From a Breakthrough. He may even delve into some of his collaborations with legendary musical figures to add some surprises to the setlist. But, no matter what this masterful musician decides to play, one thing is for sure, romance will be in the air.